FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, December 4, 2017 — The Board of Clark County Commissioners (“Board”) has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a consulting contract to assist with the upgrade of the County’s Dispatch Center.
In announcing the contract, Mr. Michael Combs, 911 Coordinator for the Clark County Sheriff’s Office said: “The Board released an RFP on behalf of the Sheriff’s Department to obtain the services of a qualified firm to serve as the Consultant and Project Manager for the creation of a Countywide Dispatch Center and be responsible for successfully completing all tasks and activities to fulfill this dispatch consolidation project. Federal Engineering’s proposal described, in detail, how the company will provide the management services requested by the County. FE was selected because their proposal specifically addressed how the company will satisfy each of the requirements outlined in the Scope of Work section of this RFP.”
Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President and CEO, outlined the tasks to be completed: “Federal Engineering will:
- Assist with designing and planning the Countywide Dispatch Center including space requirements, security, hazard assessments, and costs to renovate
- Oversee the combining of the business rules, policies and procedures pertaining to an integrated dispatch system and personnel
- Review of existing modules and business processes
- Identify equipment and technical requirements including Next Gen 911 and networking
- Assist with the development of a transition plan
- Recommend possible sites for a backup center
- Assist with the cell tower FAA, FCC, state and local regulations
- Work with the 911Technical Advisory Committee and 911Planning Committee
- Assist with the drafting of required documents, including any RFPs
FE will also be available to provide project management and other technical services during the procurement and implementation phases of this project.”
As a leading, nationwide communications systems planning and design firm, Federal Engineering develops voice, data, and video networks for numerous organizations in the aerospace, energy, finance, education, publishing, and computer services fields. In addition to its private sector work, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.
Federal Engineering, Inc., recently added the L.R. Kimball public safety communications consulting practice to the firm. FE now offers the services of a worldwide leader in public safety answering point (PSAP) consulting. With FE/Kimball, jurisdictions can rely upon one firm for virtually all of their consulting needs in E9-1-1, NG9-1-1, PSAPs, Emergency Call Centers, and Emergency Operations Centers as well as land mobile radio voice, wireless data, broadband, backhaul, and emerging LTE mobile communications systems.