The State of Utah Awards NG911 Implementation Support Contract to Federal Engineering
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, January 18, 2021 – The State of Utah has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to support the Utah Communication Authority (UCA) during the implementation of statewide Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1).
Mr. Quinton Stephens, General Counsel and Deputy Director for the Authority, provided an overview: “The purpose of this contract is to retain a qualified consulting team to assist the UCA in the implementation of an i3 compliant Emergency Services Internet Protocol Network (“ESInet”), Next Generation Core Services (NCGS), and Next Generation 9-1-1 Hosted Call Handling Solution. Federal Engineering will provide, over the five-year implementation, assistance, guidance, and where appropriate, negotiations to assist UCA with the transition of the new systems.”
Mr. David Edmunds, the Authority’s Executive Director, said: “We went through a very through procurement process before selecting Federal Engineering. The State’s RFP required the chosen consultant to:
- Have extensive knowledge, experience, and understanding of NG9-1-1 systems (ESiNet, NG Core Services, and NG9-1-1 Hosted Call Handling Solution), design, engineering, implementation, and installation
- Be highly educated and experienced with current i3 systems, i3 system features, i3 end user equipment, compatibility issues, and non-i3 systems including, but not limited to, RFAI
- Be experienced with the planning, installation, and migration associated with upgrading to an i3 compliant system, as well as experience with i3, NG9-1-1 ESInet, NGCS, and NG9-1-1 hosted call handling solutions
- Learn and become extremely familiar with the existing 9-1-1 system within Utah and the Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) and Dispatch Centers across the State
- Assist UCA with any technical decisions and discussions with the awarded vendor
- Show an ability and willingness to provide competent and valuable advice and consultation to UCA during the implementation process
- Have and understand RFP#CO20022 and read and understand the contract with the vendor selected to implement Utah’s statewide i3 NG9-1-1 ESInet, NGCS, and NG9-1-1 Hosted Call Handling Solution
- Attend project, construction, and other meetings as deemed necessary by UCA prior to and during the implementation
- Accompany UCA and/or the vendor selected to implement Utah’s statewide i3 NG9-1-1 ESInet, NG Core Services, and the NG9-1-1 Hosted Call Handling Solution for any and all site upgrade, testing, remediation, or other upgrade related purpose as deemed necessary by UCA
FE clearly demonstrated compliance with all the requirements”.
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President and CEO, said: “We are thrilled to be chosen, once again, by the State of Utah to support their NG9-1-1 migration efforts. FE is uniquely qualified to assist based upon our previous NG9-1-1 analysis and procurement work for the State coupled with our multiyear Utah public safety mobile radio consulting contract. Because of this experience, FE represents the best value to the citizens of Utah at the lowest risk.”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public-sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.