FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, June 13, 2011 — Pinal County, Arizona, has chosen Federal Engineering (FE) to provide technical assistance in the narrowbanding of the County’s radio systems. Federal Engineering will also coordinate the narrowbanding of other local agencies that rely upon the County’s primary radio channels for interagency support.
Mr. Jay Vargo, IT/Radio Communications Director for Pinal County, stated: “Pinal County, and the local law enforcement and fire agencies that support Pinal County, are all working to transition their analog radio systems to narrowband operation prior to the FCC mandate of January 2013. Much of this is being completed with existing in-house resources and in partnership with fellow agencies and local vendors. However, to assure full compliance, we have retained Federal Engineering to help facilitate, coordinate, and verify all tasks are completed, licenses updated, and interoperability tested.”
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President described the program: “Federal Engineering will perform the following:
- Review and verify existing documentation to consolidate all narrowband requirements needed to obtain full compliance for all participating agencies.
- Gather and list all FCC licenses that must be submitted for narrowbanding.
- Work with the County to develop a project plan with tasks, owners and timelines.
- Assist other agencies with general information about narrowbanding and provide guidance as instructed by the Pinal County Radio Communications Director.
- Determine the impacts to existing coverage caused by the narrower bandwidth. Determine the compensation requirements if impacts are extreme.
This project will build upon the previous land mobile radio work FE completed for Pinal County.”
FE provides a wide range of land mobile radio analysis, design, procurement support, and implementation management services for public safety, public service, transportation, and energy systems. The firm also provides security analyses, disaster recovery planning, strategic assessments, product analyses, market research, and business planning services in telecommunications and related fields.
As a nationwide communications systems planning and design firm, Federal Engineering develops voice, data, and video networks for a wide range of end users, including organizations in the aerospace, energy, finance, education, publishing, and computer services fields. In addition to its private sector work, FE has completed hundreds of communications projects for 30 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.