FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, July 27, 2015 — New Kent County, VA has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to provide technology consulting for the upgrade of the County’s public safety mobile communications system. FE will provide full lifecycle support from initial planning through installation and commissioning.
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President, said: “FE will provide the following services as directed by the County:
- Perform system capacity analysis and improvement studies
- Conduct site and radio system analysis
- Assist with FCC license modifications and renewals
- Generate a radio system RFP
- Provide assistance through the procurement process including vendor questions and answers, attend vendor presentations, review vendor proposals, and support contract negotiations
- Analyze radio operations and system/technology utilization and develop improvement recommendations
- Provide implementation support including conducting design reviews, performing site inspections, reviewing system acceptance test plans, and evaluating test results”
Mr. Rodney Hathaway, County Administrator for New Kent County stated: “Federal Engineering has been providing radio consulting services here in the Commonwealth for over three decades. We selected Federal Engineering because of their extensive background and industry reputation. The County is particularly sensitive to consultant independence since FE will be integral in our purchase of a new radio system. Federal Engineering is truly independent have not worked for any vendors and the fact that the firm has been involved in the award of contracts to virtually every major radio system manufacturer.”
Federal Engineering provides analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 40 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. Most recently, FE has expanded its services to support FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.