Montana NG9-1-1 Consulting Contract Awarded to Federal Engineering
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, September 24, 2018 — The State of Montana has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to develop a plan for Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) technology deployment.
Mr. J. Michael Kennedy, FE Vice President, stated: “We are thrilled that Montana has selected us for NG9-1-1 support continuing a long-standing relationship with the State that began in 1985 with our first Montana consulting project. Federal Engineering is a leader in NG9-1-1 consulting. In addition to the State of Montana, we are currently assisting the states of North Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota, and Utah in planning their NG9-1-1 future. Local governments in both the United States and Canada have also recognized and sought our NG9-1-1 expertise.”
Mr. Quinn Ness, Department of Administration, Public Safety Services Bureau Chief, gave an overview: “The Department of Administration is seeking to generate a statewide 9-1-1 plan with specific initiatives as established in House Bill 61 that was passed by the 2017 Montana Legislature. Federal Engineering was selected to provide subject matter expertise in the following areas:
- Develop a statewide 9-1-1 plan with specific initiatives for presentation to the 9-1-1 Advisory Council for adoption. The statewide 9-1-1 plan must include:
- A comprehensive inventory of Montana’s fifty-eight Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs)
- Priorities for 9-1-1 systems in Montana and plans for NG911 technology deployment
- Uniform standards relating to 9-1-1 equipment, hardware, software, and NG 9-1-1 technology
- Plans for deployment of a statewide Emergency Services Internet Protocol Network (ESInet)
- Support the 9-1-1 Advisory Council and the Department in the statewide 9-1-1 planning process with SME, presentation delivery, and stakeholder meeting facilitation.
Federal Engineering will conduct regional townhall meetings and focus-group sessions to begin the inventory and assessment phase and at the end of the project to review the statewide 9-1-1 plan when it is delivered.”
As a leading, nationwide communications systems planning and design firm, Federal Engineering develops voice, data, and video networks for numerous organizations in the aerospace, energy, finance, education, publishing, and computer services fields. In addition to its private sector work, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.
With FE’s addition of the L.R. Kimball public safety communications consulting practice, jurisdictions can rely upon one firm, FE/Kimball, for all of their consulting needs in E9- 1-1, NG9-1-1, PSAPs, Emergency Call Centers, and Emergency Operations Centers as well as land mobile radio voice, wireless data, broadband, backhaul, and emerging LTE mobile communications systems.