Marion, Iowa Awards PSAP Planning and Implementation Support Contract to Federal Engineering
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, April 9, 2018 — The City of Marion, Iowa has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to assist with the planning, design, and implementation of a consolidated Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP).
Deputy Chief Douglas Slagle, of the Marion Police Department said: “Federal Engineering recently completed a Feasibility Study for Consolidated 9-1-1 and Dispatch Report for the Cities of Marion and Cedar Rapids and Linn County, Iowa. This report recommended activities and tasks for achieving the goal of consolidated emergency communications for the region. FE is viewed as our trusted advisor and has now been engaged to provide planning and implementation support to decision makers and stakeholders during the next steps toward consolidating public safety communications regionally.”
Mr. Donald Nagel, Director at Federal Engineering summarized the project: “FE will provide the following services during this phase of the project:
- Facilitate decision making meetings with the Cities’ and County’s key stakeholders relative to organization development and structure, location and physical space, governance, and funding mechanisms
- Organization models depicting how a consolidated center would be structured under an existing City or County infrastructure, or as a stand-alone authority
- Update workload and staffing analysis that validates the space needs of a future consolidated center
- Support intergovernmental agreement (IGA) development, refinement, and finalization
- Assist with funding model development and implementation
- Develop a transition plan and work with stakeholders to gain acceptance
Marion will benefit from our knowledge and experience gained over the past three decades.”
Federal Engineering is the leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for public safety and public service communications. FE provides consulting services involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning for the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
Federal Engineering, Inc., recently added the L.R. Kimball public safety communications consulting practice to the firm. FE now offers the services of a worldwide leader in public safety answering point (PSAP) consulting. With FE/Kimball, jurisdictions can rely upon one firm for virtually all of their consulting needs in E9-1-1, NG9-1-1, PSAPs, Emergency Call Centers, and Emergency Operations Centers as well as land mobile radio voice, wireless data, broadband, backhaul, and emerging LTE mobile communications systems.