State of Maryland Awards Federal Engineering Four Year Radio Support Contract
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, March 26, 2018 — The State of Maryland, Department of Information Technology, has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a four-year contract extension to assist in the completion of the State’s statewide public safety communications system, Maryland FiRST, by providing full-time contract management services through May of 2022.
FE, first as L.R. Kimball, has supported the implementation of the State’s 700 MHz P25 Statewide Radio network, Maryland FiRST, since the beginning of the project. Currently, three of five phases of the project are complete, and close to 39,000 public safety radios are supported statewide. With the extension of the FE contract, full-time contract management support will continue as the State completes the implementation through 2022.
Mr. Travis LePage, Director at Federal Engineering, stated that through this contract: “FE will continue to support this mission-critical Statewide Communications project by providing the following:
- Assist with the management of the State’s 700 MHz Interoperable Radio System contract held by Motorola
- Maintain the project schedule and provide status reports to the State’s first responders and public service personnel
- Work with State personnel and the radio system vendor to ensure compliance with the State’s contract terms and conditions
- Track matters related to the Motorola contract including vendor performance against budget, change orders and forecasting of progress
- Serve as the subject matter expert by providing expert guidance on contract scope, financial matters and guidance on Agencies’ contract use
FE will apply its experience and knowledge of the Project Management Book of Knowledge’s (PMBOK) standards and methodologies to continue to facilitate a smooth rollout of the new system.”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet® planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.