FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, February 5, 2018 — The Alachua County, Florida Board of County Commissioners has chosen Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) for Public Safety Radio System Design and Consultant services on behalf of the Radio Management Board.
Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President and CEO, provided a vignette of the project: “Alachua released a comprehensive request for proposals to solicit the services of an experienced radio consulting firm. The bidders were required to demonstrate knowledge and multiyear experience with:
- Public safety operations as they relate to communications and interoperability needs
- Mission critical communications system design experience in the public safety arena
- Contemporary and emerging wireless communications technologies
- Contemporary and emerging mission critical radio systems infrastructure, subscriber hardware, RF system design, radio propagation, and frequency research
- Contemporary and emerging Emergency Services IP Network planning, design, and implementation
- Analog, IP, and digital Paging and Alerting systems
- Radio interoperability and radio dispatch console systems
- Systems engineering and architecture services for both urban and rural communications systems
- FCC regulations, licensing, and frequency availability research
Federal Engineering submitted the winning proposal was awarded a contract as a result of the RFP.”
Mr. Bosco, continued: “For clarity and ease of management, the Alachua Radio Management Board has structured a multiphase program:
- Phase I – Needs Assessment and Recommendations
- Phase II – RFP Procurement Support Services
- Phase III – Project Management and Implementation Support Services
Phases II and III are optional and will move forward if the Radio Management Board is satisfied with our work, which I am confident they will be. In over 34 years, Federal Engineering has never had a project end in default or litigation and most have resulted in repeat business.”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.