Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Policy
Federal Engineering, Inc. is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where all employees feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We’re committed to being nondiscriminatory and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement in all areas of our work.
We respect the value that diverse life experiences bring to our company and leadership, and we strive to listen to their views and give them value. We’re committed to modeling diversity, inclusion, and equity and maintaining fair and equal treatment for all. Our firm’s philosophy on our goals to provide informed leadership for diversity, inclusion, and equity include:
- We will strive to see diversity, inclusion, and equity in connection with our vision and mission to benefit our employees and clients.
- We aim to recognize and address any inequities which are found in our policies, programs, and services.
- We will update and document progress on our diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
- We promise to investigate underlying assumptions that interfere with our diversity policy.
- We commit to advocating against systemic inequities that impact our work and address it according to this policy and in accordance with our mission.
- We commit to challenging commonly accepted notions about what constitutes strong leadership within our organization.
- We commit to being transparent about diversity in all our interactions.
- We will dedicate our time and resources to expanding greater diversity within our leadership positions.
- We commit to leading with respect and tolerance, and we encourage all employees to express this in their work within our organization.
Federal Engineering agrees to abide by the following action items to promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in our work:
- We will create new learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies as we strive for cultural competency throughout our organization.
- We will strive to conduct or identify research related to equity so that we can make progress in the areas of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- We will take action to improve diversity, inclusion, and equity in our leadership positions.
- We will develop a system to create awareness and address biases during our recruiting, hiring, and evaluating processes.
- We will train our personnel to be responsible for orienting, onboarding, and training our staff and volunteers on equitable practices.
- We will be transparent about the salary range for public job descriptions.