FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, May 21, 2018 — The Town of Westport, Connecticut has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to examine and make recommendations regarding the proposed consolidation and relocation of the Town of Westport and Town of Fairfield emergency communications center.
In announcing the contract, Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President and CEO, said: “Federal Engineering’s PSAP consulting practice continues to enjoy robust growth. We are proud to assist the Towns of Westport and Fairfield in determining the future of their public safety communications operations.”
Mr. Bosco continued: “The goals of this project include:
- Relocation of the existing emergency communication centers to a new location
- Consolidation of the Fairfield Emergency Communications Center, Westport Police Dispatch Center, and the Westport Fire Department Dispatch Center into one emergency communications center / 9-1-1 PSAP serving both communities
- Developing an oversight body and management structure that will meet the needs of the new, consolidated center
- Leveraging advances in public safety technology to improve operations in the most cost-effective manner possible
FE will apply its decades of PSAP consulting experience in assisting the Towns to meet these goals.”
Captain Donald Smith, Commander of the Fairfield Support Services Bureau indicated: “In order to meet our goals and priorities in a cost effective and timely manner the following mandatory requirements were established in our search for a consulting firm:
- The consultant must have experience in providing consulting services to other municipalities in the areas of emergency communication center / 9-1-1 PSAP consolidation
- The consultant must have knowledge of current emergency communication center structures, management and oversight models, staffing models, and industry best practices
- The consultant will have the ability to conduct data collection, on-site interviews, site visits, and on-site observations
- The consultant must have the ability to provide a final analysis, recommendations, and a final written report detailing all findings and recommendations
- The consultant is an American National Standards Institute Development Organization (ANSI SDO)
Federal Engineering met or exceeded all of our requirements as demonstrated in their superior proposal.”
Federal Engineering is the leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for public safety and public service communications. FE provides consulting services involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning for the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
Federal Engineering, Inc., recently added the L.R. Kimball public safety communications consulting practice to the firm. FE now offers the services of a worldwide leader in public safety answering point (PSAP) consulting. With FE/Kimball, jurisdictions can rely upon one firm for virtually all of their consulting needs in E9-1-1, NG9-1-
1, PSAPs, Emergency Call Centers, and Emergency Operations Centers as well as land mobile radio voice, wireless data, broadband, backhaul, and emerging LTE mobile communications systems.