Richmond County Selects Federal Engineering for Public Safety Mobile Radio Consulting
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, October 2, 2017 — Richmond County, Virginia has chosen Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) to evaluate their existing radio system and determine the best approach to improve public safety communications for the County’s first responders.
Mr. R. Morgan Quicke, County Administrator, stated: “Federal Engineering has been providing consulting services throughout Virginia for decades. Because of their work with neighboring jurisdictions, the firm has unique knowledge of our needs and environment. FE was the natural choice to hit the ground running and provide us with the knowledgeable consulting we need.”
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President and CEO, provided a vignette of the project: “Federal Engineering will complete a comprehensive series of tasks to develop system recommendations that will meet the County’s requirements. Tasks to be performed will include:
- Review existing systems documentation
- Conduct a project initiation meeting and user interviews to assess needs
- Generate a user needs assessment memorandum
- Perform a coverage analysis of the current Richmond County iCom radio system
- Perform a coverage analysis of the new King & Queen County radio system
- Evaluate the King & Queen County radio system to determine if it will meet Richmond users’ needs
- Assess the upfront and annual costs of using the King & Queen County system
- Submit a draft Richmond County Radio System Recommendations Report
- Meet with the County to review the draft report
- Incorporate changes and submit final Richmond County Radio System Recommendations Report
- Present the final report and recommendations to the Richmond County Administrator, Board of Supervisors, and key stakeholders
FE will also serve as the County’s trusted advisor providing technical insights throughout the process.”
Federal Engineering is the leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for public safety and public service communications. FE provides consulting services involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning for the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
Federal Engineering, Inc., recently added the L.R. Kimball public safety communications consulting practice to the firm. FE now offers the services of a worldwide leader in public safety answering point (PSAP) consulting. With FE/Kimball, jurisdictions can rely upon one firm for virtually all of their consulting needs in E9-1-1, NG9-1-1, PSAPs, Emergency Call Centers, and Emergency Operations Centers as well as land mobile radio voice, wireless data, broadband, backhaul, and emerging LTE mobile communications systems.