Missouri Department of Conservation Selects Federal Engineering For Radio Communications Technical Support
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, July 16, 2018 — The Missouri Department of Conservation has chosen Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) to provide assistance in recommending a long-term radio strategy.
Mr. Garret Albright, IT Field Support Supervisor for the Department, indicated: “The Department requires the services of a consultant to evaluate the present condition of the Department’s radio system, user needs, the current direction of the radio system, and determine if any changes to that direction are required to meet user operational requirements. We released a request for proposals with very specific consultant requirements including:
- A demonstrated familiarity with public safety police, fire, and emergency communications systems, operations, and systems methodologies.
- Extensive track record and expertise in mission critical radio system design.
- Mission critical communications system design experience in the public safety arena.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business operating as an independent consulting firm.
- A demonstrated familiarity with the Department’s current system equipment and technology.
- Expertise with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations, licensing, and frequency availability research.
- Shall not be associated with the sale, installation, or service of radio communications or mobile data systems.
We received multiple proposals, and after careful review, Federal Engineering was selected as the best choice.”
Mr. Brad Barber, FE Director, provided an overview of the services to be delivered: “Federal Engineering will review existing radio system documentation to develop a detailed understand of the existing systems. This will form the foundation for conversations with the Department to develop an understand of their desires. We will then analyze the Department’s existing migration strategy against current best practices and market conditions. FE will deliver a report summarizing our analysis and offering recommendations.”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.