FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, March 9, 2020 — King County, Washington has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to assist in the procurement and implementation phases of its 9-1-1 modernization project.
Mr. Ben Brier, 911 director for the County said: “King County is pleased to have Federal Engineering on our team as we advance 911 services for our citizens. The County and its regional E-911 partners recently completed a 10-year technology strategic plan. In the plan, it was identified that the County would replace the
currently distributed E-911 system with a Single System Architecture Platform. King County requested proposals from experienced 9-1-1 consultants to assist in this process and we decided Federal Engineering was the best choice.”
Said Mr. Donald Nagle, FE Director: “Federal Engineering will provide lifecycle support for this important project, including:
- Supporting the County’s E-911 program office and individual PSAPs in developing and documenting the requirements for the new platform.
- Working with the County to select the platform RFP evaluation team
- Facilitating the evaluation of the Platform RFP proposals and resulting platform vendor selection
- Acting as a liaison to the selected platform vendor during the contracting phase
- Helping oversee the platform vendor’s initial design phase to ensure that it meets project requirements
- Assisting the program office staff with preparing materials and acting as the subject matter expert for internal project review gates, specifically project planning and architecture reviews
- Working with the County’s IT business analysts to gather King County IT requirements
- Helping the county’s IT managers develop tasks to hit their deadline
FE will apply best practice and lessons learn from hundreds of similar engagements to deliver a project that meets the County’s needs while minimizing risks.”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG911, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems as well as LTE. FE’s cybersecurity practice helps our clients defend against the complex and ever-changing threat landscape. FE also serves as trusted advisors to assist clients understanding of emerging services such as FirstNet and the impacts on their current and future plans. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.