FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, June 19, 2017 — Indiana County, PA has chosen Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) to provide a range of PSAP and 911 consulting services on an ongoing basis.
Mr. Tom Stutzman, Director of the Indiana County Emergency Management Agency, indicated: “L. R. Kimball has historically provided technical assistance to the County. We have been happy with their support and have, therefore, chosen FE/Kimball to continue to provide consulting, technical assistance, and project management on an as-needed basis.”
Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President and CEO, stated: “FE/Kimball’s subject matter experts are available to provide the following services:
- Tower site evaluation
- Radio system project management oversight, system acceptance
- Customer premise equipment (CPE) and 9-1-1 telephone network upgrade subject matter expertise
- Computer aided dispatch (CAD) upgrade consulting including coordination/oversight and training
- Cutover/transition planning to migrate operations during the consolidation of the County facilities, technologies, and operations
- Next generation systems planning, implementation, testing, and cutover
- Broadband network planning, design, and implementation
- Management of contractual requirements and acceptance testing
- Lease process assistance for collocation applicants
- Implementation support for land mobile radio data and automatic vehicle location overlays
- Governance support, legal documentation reviews, and cost distribution model assessments
- Geographic information system consulting services and data development
- Procurement, contract negotiations, and implementation support”
As a leading, nationwide communications systems planning and design firm, Federal Engineering develops voice, data, and video networks for numerous organizations in the aerospace, energy, finance, education, publishing, and computer services fields. In addition to its private sector work, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.
Federal Engineering, Inc., recently added the L.R. Kimball public safety communications consulting practice to the firm. FE now offers the services of a worldwide leader in public safety answering point (PSAP) consulting. With FE/Kimball, jurisdictions can rely upon one firm for virtually all of their consulting needs in E9-1-1, NG9-1-1, PSAPs, Emergency Call Centers, and Emergency Operations Centers as well as land mobile radio voice, wireless data, broadband, backhaul, and emerging LTE mobile communications systems.