FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, August 24, 2015 — Henderson City and County, KY has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to assist with and participate in various tasks to complete the procurement and implementation of a new radio system.
Mr. Michael Shockley, 911 Center Communications Supervisor for Henderson County: Henderson requires a range of technical services to support the procurement and implementation of our new first responder radio system. We awarded Federal Engineering a services contract that provides a framework for FE to respond to ad-hoc, short- term assignments regarding our project. Through this contract, Henderson is provided with the mechanism to direct FE consulting efforts in an orderly fashion while maintaining control and visibility.
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President, said: “Assignments within this contract may include:
- Assistance through the procurement process
- Vendor question and answer
- Vendor presentations
- Negotiation preparation
- Onsite negotiation support
- Follow-up negotiation support
- Technical support to the City/County Project Manager or other city/county stakeholders
- System capacity analysis or improvement studies
- Site analysis and radio systems analysis
- FCC license modifications or renewals
- Analyses of radio operations and system/technology utilization
- Assistance through the implementation process
- Preliminary and detailed design reviews/evaluations
- Equipment inspections, system testing, coverage testing, and system acceptance
- Cutover planning and coordination
FE will apply its thousands of man-years of experience to bring Henderson the best system at the lowest price while minimizing risks to the City/County.”
Federal Engineering provides analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also supports FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 40 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.