FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, August 4, 2014 — The City and County of San Francisco, CA has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc.
(FE) a consulting contract to replace the City and County’s 800MHz Public Safety Radio Systems.
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, Federal Engineering’s President, provided an overview of the project, “FE will supply a multitude of services under this contract, including:
- Interview users of the Citywide Emergency Radio System (CERS) and Public Service Emergency Radio System (PERS) as well as the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and San Francisco Municipal Transportation (SFMTA) systems to determine their needs.
- Assess the current CERS and PERS radio networks and their supporting infrastructures
- Analyze radio traffic on PERS, CERS and SFMTA network and determine future channel capacity requirements.
- Develop alternatives and recommendations to replace the current, out-of-date radio systems with a system that meets public safety performance standards and provides robust radio communications for the next 10-20 years.
- Provide technical and project management support during the system procurement and implementation phases.
Ms. Michelle Geddes, Program Manager for the San Francisco Department of Emergency Management, stated: “Federal Engineering was chosen, via a competitive procurement process, because of their extensive public safety communications background. The firm understands our unique needs and circumstances having previously completed a large consulting project for BAYRICS, facilitating interoperability among the multiple jurisdictions in the Bay Area. We felt the firm to be most advantageous to the City and County giving consideration to not only cost, but experience, their proposed plan, and the firm’s ability to complete the work on time. FE’s experience with similar projects in California demonstrating a consistent adherence to schedules, deadlines, and budgets, was also a factor that influenced our decision. We look forward to working with Federal Engineering to improve mobile communications for our first responders.”
Federal Engineering provides a wide range of design and management services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also assists in the design and implementation of E911, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 40 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. Most recently, FE has expanded its service offerings to support FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.