FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, April 30, 2012 —The City of Newport News, VA has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc.
(FE) a contract for procurement and implementation assistance for the City’s new public safety radio system.
Mr. Andy Stein, the Information Technology Director, provided an overview: “Federal Engineering recently completed an assessment of our needs, performed an analysis of our current systems, and developed a Newport News Communications System Design and Recommendations Report based upon the data collected. This report included potential solutions, alternatives analyses, and high level designs, as well as estimated implementation schedules, cost analysis, and next steps. Based upon FE’s work, the Wireless Communications Management team has decided to move forward with a new radio system.”
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President, described the project: “Federal Engineering will support the City through both the procurement and implementation processes. During procurement, FE will:
- Develop a technical specification for inclusion in a competitive RFP
- Work with the City to incorporate existing RFP ‘boilerplate’ sections
- Work with the City to develop a set of evaluation criteria and an evaluation process
- Attend the pre-proposal conference and participate as a technical advisor to the City
- Assist the City in responding to vendor questions, provide clarification during the solicitation
- Assist the City in reviewing vendor proposals, participate in evaluation meetings and vendor presentations, and assist the City with proposal scoring and vendor selection
- Provide contract negotiations support and advice on technical issues that may arise during negotiations”
Mr. Bosco went on: “After a vendor has been selected and implementation begins, FE will:
- Provide implementation project management services
- Conduct preliminary and final design reviews
- Witness factory testing and equipment delivery
- Oversee systems installation as well as coverage and system testing
- Witness acceptance testing activities and verify the results
- Verify the delivery of documentations and user manuals
FE provides a wide range of land mobile radio analysis, design, procurement support, and implementation management services for public safety, public service, transportation, and energy systems. FE has completed over a thousand communications projects for 40 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.