FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, January 15, 2024 – The State of Montana has selected Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) to assist in the design and implementation of a statewide NG9-1-1 system to serve all the PSAPs in Montana.
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, President & CEO of Federal Engineering said: “We have been providing communications consulting services to the State of Montana for over 38 years. We are delighted that the State has chosen us, once again, via a competitive procurement process, for this critically important project. In addition to the State of Montana, we have assisted the states of California, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota, and Utah in planning and implementing NG9-1-1. Local governments in both the United States and Canada have also recognized and sought our NG9-1-1 expertise.”
Ms. Laura Schultz, Montana Department of Justice, Project Manager said, “We are excited to have Federal Engineering on our team to execute the next phase of NG9-1-1 as we work to support law enforcement agencies in Montana and improve public safety communications across the state.”
To complete the project, FE will:
Develop an initial system design.
- System diagrams and descriptions of the proposed hardware and software configuration
- Identification of the major functional components of the system and how related.
- ESInet design and support documentation using standard terminology as defined by National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
- Plans for future system enhancements to demonstrate the long-term viability of the system architecture, hardware, and software.
- Methods for the monitoring and management of the system on 24x7x365 basis.
Provide procurement support.
- Generate an SOW and RFP to procure the NG9-1-1 system.
- Participate in the vendor proposal review process and make recommendations.
- Assist in the contract negotiation process including assessing service level agreements.
Review the vendor’s plans for:
- System implementation.
In addition, FE will provide general technical support throughout the implementation period.
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG9-1-1, PSAPs, EOCs, and RTCCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems as well as LTE and CBRS. FE’s cybersecurity practice helps our clients defend against today’s complex and ever-changing threat landscape. FE personnel also serve as trusted advisors assisting clients to assess services such as FirstNet® and the impacts of new technologies on their current and future plans. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects in all 50 states for numerous state, local, and federal government clients as well as Canadian clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, finance, education, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any technology, product, vendor, or approach.