FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, February 2, 2011 — Bowling Green Municipal Utilities (BGMU), located in Bowling Green, Kentucky, has awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to provide consulting services for the design and implementation of a new radio communications system. FE’s services will touch upon every aspect of the design and acquisition process to ensure a system that is cost effective, meets the Utility’s needs, and offers flexibility service.
“BGMU provides electric, water and wastewater services for the city of Bowling Green, Kentucky and limited wastewater services for the surrounding Warren County. The Utility also offers high speed data services for all businesses within range of its dark fiber loop,” according to Mrs. Kathleen Duvall, Technical Services Supervisor for BGMU. Mrs. Duvall continued: “The current radio system has been in place for 17 years and has become outdated. Replacement parts and support have become difficult and soon they will be impossible to obtain. BGMU intends to completely replace the existing system with a new system which meets the current and future needs of the Utility.”
Mr. Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President described the project: “Federal Engineering radio consultants will support BGMU through all phases including:
- Assessing existing communications and BGMU’s current and future needs
- Conducting site surveys to ascertain current conditions
- Assisting with the preparation and issuance of a Request for Proposals
- Designing the new building to house base station equipment
- Participating in pre-proposal meetings
- Preparing written responses to technical questions posed by vendors
- Reviewing vendor bids for compliance with technical specifications and recommending awards
- Assisting in project management
- Reviewing vendor drawings for all aspects of the project
- Performing final inspections and making recommendations to BGMU concerning acceptance
FE’s background with hundreds of similar programs will prove invaluable to BGMU in ensuring the success of this project.”
As a nationwide communications systems planning and design firm, Federal Engineering develops voice, data, and video networks for a wide range of end users, including organizations in the aerospace, energy, finance, education, publishing, and computer services fields. In addition to its private sector work, FE has completed hundreds of communications projects for 30 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.