FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, September 14, 2020 — The Village of Schaumburg, Cook County, Illinois (Village) awarded Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) a contract to provide consulting services to assist in the creation of a Public Safety Real-Time Information Center (RIC), which is a collaborative project between Public Safety and Information Technology.
Christopher Nowicki, Project Manager for the Village said, “The Village of Schaumburg has retained the services of Federal Engineering to assist in the creation of a RIC which will be funded by a Department of Homeland Security UASI grant. A diverse set of specialized skill sets is needed for this project which is why we selected FE which met or exceeded our requirements.
The purpose of the RIC will be to:
- Identify suspicious activity before it results in crime
- Provide immediately actionable information to officers responding to incidents
- Improve decision-making and the ability to manage incidents after they occur
- Integration of video from both public and private sources
- Integration with multiple public safety data sources
- Integration with auto vehicle location services
- Integration with automatic license plate reader data
- Make video access available from any desktop or mobile device”
Don Nagle, FE Director, provided a vignette of the project: “Federal Engineering’s Real-Time Crime Center practice continues to grow, and we are very excited to be working with the Village of Schaumburg. Because we provide RIC end-to-end solutions on a regular basis, we will complete a variety of tasks using proven methodologies.
In completing this RIC project, FE will:
- Assist with the creation of procurement documents to solicit proposals from vendors capable of implementing a real-time information center solution to meet the Village’s requirements.
- Answer any respondent questions during the open procurement process
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend vendor site visits
- Analyze vendor responses and assist Village staff to determine the best-fit solution and vendor
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the selected solution
- Monitor, oversee, and advise on the installation of hardware and solution components
- Work with the implementation vendor to resolve any hardware, software, or installation issues
- Evaluate the completeness and quality of the installation and make recommendations to the Village for remediation”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for NG911, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in public safety and public service communications involving traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems as well as LTE. FE’s cybersecurity practice helps our clients defend against today’s complex and ever-changing threat landscape. FE also serves as trusted advisors to assist clients understand emerging services such as FirstNet and the impacts on their current and future plans. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any technology, product, vendor, or approach.