FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, May 10, 2021 – the North Central Regional Transit District of New Mexico (NCRTD) has selected Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) to provide on-call land mobile radio professional and associated consulting services.
In announcing the contract, Ms. Delilah Garcia, Transit Operations Director, said: ”Federal Engineering was selected by NCRTD to provide on-call independent technical consulting services, update a 2018 system assessment report, and help NCRTD to upgrade its legacy LMR system to a P25 system with enhanced coverage of the District’s expanding service area. Envisioned support includes system analyses, system design, procurement support, and implementation project management.”
Mr. Rajit Jhaver, FE Director, described the expect scope of work: “FE will perform the following task over this five-year contract:
- A comprehensive review of the October 2018 Land Mobile Radio System Assessment Report and High-Level System Design Report.
- Survey and appraise physical locations such as NCRTD offices, tower sites and local emergency service providers to understand elements of the current system and inventory radio equipment.
- Communicate with NCRTD if clarification is needed on reprograming and troubleshooting.
- Update the Land Mobile Radio System Assessment Report and High-Level System Design Report.
- Generate updated Land Mobile Radio coverage maps as the District continues to grow.
- Identify additional repeater sites and communicate with community partners including, emergency management, town, village, city, county, pueblo, tribe, federal and state agencies.
- Coordinate additional or updated FCC licensing if needed.
- Contact NM State Department of Information Technology to discuss Land Mobile Radio site access at potential expansion sites to determine if space is available for NCRTD’s equipment.
- Generate new Land Mobile Radio coverage maps based upon the envisions added infrastructure.”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for public safety and public service communications involving traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems as well as LTE and CBRS. These services complement FE’s wide range of dispatch center consulting services in NG911, PSAPs, RTTCs, ECCs, and EOCs. FE’s cybersecurity practice helps our clients defend against today’s complex and ever-changing threat landscape. FE also serves as trusted advisors to assist clients in understanding emerging services such as FirstNet and the impacts on their current and future plans. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any technology, product, vendor, or approach.