FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, November 2, 2020 — Lee County, Florida has retained the services of Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) to support the implementation of the County’s new public safety mobile radio system.
“Building upon prior work done by Federal Engineering, Lee County has come to FE to provide subject matter experts and program support services during the implementation of its new interoperable Project 25 standards-based radio system,” stated Brad Barber, Federal Engineering Director. “FE implementation support services take a project from the initiation, planning, and design review phases through installation, testing, and final cutover. FE will review the equipment vendor’s project plans before the County makes major commitments. We will determine if the equipment vendor remains compliant with the contract regarding system requirements, schedule, and cost milestones. To accomplish these goals, FE will provide the following services:
- Attend project status meetings to review project goals, objectives, tasks, schedule, and deliverables
- Review the vendor’s design documents and identify areas of deficiency if any
- Inspect each site to assess whether the equipment installations are in accordance with the specifications, meet good workmanship practices, and are within equipment standards.
- Witness coverage tests to assess methodology and data collection compliance
- Attend final system testing and observe test results
- Provide a memorandum to the County that identifies coverage and system testing results and any recommendations for the vendor to correct deficiencies
- Review the punch lists and assess retesting results to confirm that the deficiencies have been corrected”
Federal Engineering is a leading, nationwide firm providing analysis, design, procurement, and implementation support for public safety and public service communications involving traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems as well as LTE. These services complement FE’s wide range of consulting services in NG911, PSAPs, RTTCs, ECCs, and EOCs. FE’s cybersecurity practice helps our clients defend against today’s complex and ever-changing threat landscape. FE also serves as trusted advisors to assist clients in understanding emerging services such as FirstNet and the impacts on their current and future plans. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 46 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any technology, product, vendor, or approach.