FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA, May 18, 2015 — Sussex County, VA has extended the Federal Engineering, Inc. (FE) contract to assist the County in procuring and implementing a new public safety mobile radio system.
Mr. Eddie T. Vick, Public Safety Coordinator for the County stated: “Federal Engineering recently completed an analysis of our existing infrastructure, conducted user needs assessments, and recommended a course of action for the County. FE will provide assistance during the procurement and implementation phases of our program.”
“The new communication system will be used by the Sheriff’s Department, Volunteer Fire Departments, two EMS agencies, County Administration, Emergency Management and the school system,” according to Ronald F. Bosco, FE’s President. Mr. Bosco continued: “As the project moves forward, FE will provide the following:
- Develop Procurement Strategy
- Finalize system requirements
- Explore potential benefits and risks of procuring the system in phases versus a single upgrade
- Develop RFP Specifications
- Draft RFP specifications for inclusion in the County procurement document
- Review draft specifications, incorporate the County’s comments, and deliver final specifications
- Procurement Support
- Attend vendor pre-bid meeting
- Generate answers to vendors’ technical questions
- Review vendor proposals and make recommendations to the County
- Provide on-site technical assistance during vendor contract negotiations
- Implementation Support
- Program management
- Design reviews and site inspections
- Independent validation and verification
- Factory, site, and acceptance testing
Federal Engineering provides a wide range of design and management services in public safety and public service communications involving LTE as well as traditional VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 4.9GHz mobile radio systems. FE also assists in the design and implementation of NG9-1-1, PSAPs, ECCs, and EOCs. Since 1983, FE has completed thousands of communications projects for 40 state governments, as well as numerous local and federal government clients. Most recently, FE has expanded its service offerings to support FirstNet planning in anticipation of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network.
In addition to its public sector work, Federal Engineering provides design and implementation support services for voice, data, and video networks used in the transportation, utilities, aerospace, finance, education, publishing, and computer services industries. FE’s certified independence ensures that clients receive objective, unbiased consulting services that are not influenced by any particular technology, product, vendor, or approach.